W.G. Tomko, Inc. is totally committed to employee safety.
We care about our employees well-being and place a high priority on the safety of others around them. So that our employees always work under the safest conditions possible, we maintain equipment and a workplace free from recognized hazards. We provide information, training and supervision that ensures safe job performance.
RESPONSIBLE & ACCOUNTABLE FOR SAFETY
Management will be held accountable for the safety performance of the company. Only when senior management demands safety and health performance and objective achievement can a safety program be effective.
- Drug Free Workplace – random drug screening
- Established JJ for all work procedures “Job Hazard Analysis”
EMPLOYEE SAFETY TRAINING
Employees are trained in safe work practices, policies, and procedures. Management has established curriculum objectives for enhancing employee safety awareness through various levels of training.
- Trained Union Employee – all have 10 or 30 hours OSHA certifications
- Safety Director is an Authorized Outreach OSHA Trainer
- Foreman are all First Aide Trained
SAFETY PROGRAM ACTIVITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Routine job site inspections conducted by the Safety Director
- Random job site inspections by our insurance carrier
- Written policy standards and guidelines for work performance
- Weekly safety “Toolbox” talk meetings
- Continuous Material Safety Data Sheet updates
- Ongoing focused safety committees
- Comprehensive data collection system for all safety incidents
- Monthly safety review meetings with Project Superintendents
- Root cause analysis is performed and reviewed for all incidents
SAFETY INCENTIVE PROGRAM
Safety is more than following rules and regulations. Tomko believes safety is an ongoing, cost-effective process with emphasis on employee participation. To that end, both staff and line management conduct audits at job sites to ensure a safe and healthful working atmosphere. Our safety objectives, like our other business objectives, are evaluated by quantifiable and measured benchmarks.
W.G. Tomko, Inc. has developed and reviews periodically, its objectives for safety and health performance. The level of success will be measured by the degree to which our objectives are met. For us, safety is a deliberate business decision and its success parallels all other aspects of our business.
EMR Rating for 2014 .717
EMR Rating for 2013 .716
EMR Rating for 2012 .766