Thank you for considering a career at W.G. Tomko, Inc. Our company values stem from the roots of a 3rd generation family owned business with a corporate professional atmosphere. As our company grows we are always looking for experienced individuals to join our team. If there is not a position available below, we’d still like to hear from you. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seeking a qualified Chief Estimator to join our team. Must have a passion for what you do, a strong drive to achieve results, the ability to solve problems creatively, and a dedication to client service and relationship management,
**Experience preferred in the PA, Ohio, WV, DC areas, with intimate knowledge of the local markets and subcontractor base in both the private and public market sectors**
The Chief Estimator the primary member of the estimating team who has overall responsibility for creation of all budgets, estimates and guaranteed maximum prices produced by Preconstruction Services Department for construction projects to be built for clients under the CM at Risk, CM Multiple Prime, GC, Design-Build, Lease-Leaseback and Hard Bid delivery methods. Final word on estimating techniques and personnel decisions for assigned projects. Oversees department standards for estimates such as bid packages, deliverable formats and budget tracking tools. Oversees historical cost database and oversees and maintains bid management and estimating systems and software. Manages and coordinates the people, and other resources used to perform the estimating functions of the preconstruction process.
- Assigns and coordinates scope of work with estimating staff for each project.
- Must have experience managing a ten (10) person plus estimating department
- Reviews project plans, specifications, estimating scopes and pricing prepared by estimating staff.
- Prepares budget and general conditions estimates for entire project prior to bid date and reviews budgets and general conditions prepared by other estimators.
- Ensures the flow of project information is maintained and documented.
- Reviews all bid forms prepared for submission.
- Coordinates insurance requirements with Risk Manager.
- Coordinates technical proposal requirements with Marketing Department.
- Reviews schedule and constructability issues with project operations staff.
- Takes the lead in ensuring all data placed in the historical database is accurate.
- Maintains and communicates data on construction and material cost trends affecting project costs.
- Participates in Value Management workshops.
- Creates and/or reviews Budget Tracker options and pricing for accuracy and completeness.
- Maintains and updates the estimating software.
- Produces new and modifies existing construction systems, wizards, assemblies, and models as necessary. Updates Unit Price Catalog and Company Standards as required.
- Supports the evaluation, tests and implementation of software upgrades.
- Proficient in all computer software programs used in preconstruction with particular emphasis on estimating software (e.g. Quickpent, Beck Estimator/Trimble WinEST/Timberline, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), BuildingConnected and Bluebeam).
Promote Customer Relations
- Builds effective relationships with customers, design team, subcontractors, suppliers, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Actively participates in industry, client, and community relations to enhance company image.
Culture, Leadership and Employee Development
- Serves as a role model and promotes professional behavior.
- Participates in talent management activities, such as coaching and mentoring others.
- Participates in and supports Estimating training programs, and commits to the development of department staff and of self.
- Prepares performance and salary reviews for employees and related follow up.
Performs other related duties as needed.
- B.S. in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field preferred and 12+ years of preconstruction estimating experience on commercial construction projects. Depending upon the project size, scope, and complexity the years of experience may vary. Demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects at a time.
- Possess solid knowledge of civil/site construction, foundation and structural systems, exterior building wall systems, interior finish construction systems , and mechanical and electrical systems, and associated costs.
- Possess excellent organizational and managerial skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated functional and technical knowledge and skills while striving to develop new skills and knowledge quickly.
- Able to create and manage related assignments and schedules based on key priorities of assigned projects while adjusting for roadblocks and evaluating results.
- Able to motivate many kinds of direct reports, provide challenging assignments, act fairly and manage people fairly.
- Able to manage from a distance and achieve work through others without being there; able to identify and simplify complex processes.
- Energetic and dedicated, not afraid to act with a minimum of planning; and can handle stress with composure.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software, word processing, spread sheets, bid management, online plan rooms and database applications and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
The majority of the work is completed in an office setting at the Company’s PA office with some travel to the DC branch office. Periodic meetings at off-site locations may occur. This position will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
W.G. Tomko, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Project Coordinator assists with the everyday activities of several Project Managers including timely and accurate completion of all administrative tasks pertaining to various construction projects.
- Types/processes, maintains, and updates records of all correspondences, submittals, change orders, RFI’s, MBE/WBE participation, purchase orders, subcontracts and/or any other items.
- Reviews and distributes incoming mail pertaining to various Project Managers and construction projects.
- Constructs, organizes, and maintains an accurate and efficient filing system for all clerical items pertaining to various Project Managers and construction projects (includes electronic filing).
- Greets and routes visitors throughout the building.
- Types, faxes, phones, emails, logs, and organizes any and all items pertaining to construction projects.
- Assists Project Managers with start-up and close-outs of all projects.
- Assists with the overall organization of all archived items.
- Assists with the coordination of all items pertaining to project turnover, progression, and closeout meetings
- Takes meeting minutes when necessary.
- Submits monthly work reports to supervisor by the 15th of every month.
- Assists receptionist when needed.
- Ensures excellent communication between all departments throughout the Tomko facilities.
- Enforces and abides by all Tomko policies and procedures.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified above and/or ability to learn.
- Basic knowledge of construction plans and specifications.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and act with a sense of urgency.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Sufficient knowledge of mathematics including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute and interpret charts and graphs.
- Ability to schedule and prioritize all work assignments.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of diverse individuals.
- Ability to enforce and abide by all Tomko policies and procedures.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Light physical effort, requires handling of average-weight objects up to 15 pounds and some standing and walking.
Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 7:30AM-4:00PM. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand, with prior overtime authorization.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Project Coordinator is a Non-Exempt position
Project Coordinator Job Description includes but not limited to the above stated items.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities.
W.G. Tomko, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Manager – Design Build Services
The Manager of Design Build Services is ultimately responsible for the sales and marketing, execution and profitable completion of all design build projects for W.G. Tomko. The role of this Manager is to interact with individuals and companies outside WGT as well as the coordination of WGT Project Managers with those outside factors to generate profitable business from design build. The position is responsible for all aspects of those projects from generating leads of potential project bid opportunities to closing out interactions with clients regarding final punch list issues.
The Manager of Design Build Services will assist the Estimating Department for the following: completion of incomplete HVAC and Plumbing Plans and Schedules, providing Value Engineering assistance, develop plans from narratives and background sketches and review and advise on equipment and control selections.
The Manager of Design Build Services will assist the PMs and/or Service Department on resolving issues with Plan and Spec and Service Projects, helping to develop RFIs and reviewing submittals.
The Manager of Design Build Services will participate in Project Interviews and assist in the development of technical proposals.
Desired licensed engineer stamps for PA,WV,OH, VA, MD & DC
Experienced 10 years preferably with a mechanical contractor but not required.
W.G. Tomko, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Seeking individuals with 5+ years in HVAC industry with startup experience and knowledge of ATC systems. Overview of duties required Â – Inspect, troubleshoot, repair and maintain a variety of mechanical equipment including electric motors, engines, gas and electric powered pumps, air compressors, gas compressors, emergency systems, power generation systems, chillers and pressure and flow regulators with full understanding of the theory of operation in all building systems.Â Please inquire within for additional details of job description.
Send resume with references to:
W.G. Tomko Inc. 2559Â State Route 88 Finleyville, PA 15332
att: Personnel Department, E-mail to email@example.com or Fax to 724-348-5722. EEO Employer
Heavy Civil Estimator / Project Manager
Pittsburgh based contractor seeking individuals with min. 5 yrs. exper. Able to pass DOT drug test, criminal background check. Experience with PWSA, Duq. Light/Gasline projects.
Prepare thorough and timely estimates for grading, paving, underground and structures projects, including preparation of bid documents, written proposals and correspondence. Duties and responsibilities also include management of projects to include contract administration, accounting and forecasting, oversight and support of project supervisor as well as all negotiations and relations with owners / agency representatives. Competitive salary with excellent benefits.
Send resume w/ ref. to:
W.G. Tomko Inc. 2559 Rt 88 Finleyville, Pa. 15332 att: Personnel Department, E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax to 724-348-5722.